Double Island Point Clean Up & Camping Weekend!
Pack the surfboards and camping gear in the 4x4 for this HUGE weekend of fun and activism. The award winning Double Island Clean Up / Camping Weekend is back again in October.
- Beach Clean Up - segmented zones, recycling & live databasing;
- Dune Care - weeding & coastal flora identification;
- Educational Presentation & Trivia Session Prize Giveaway;
- Family & Kids Entertainment;
- Live Band & BBQ on Saturday night
- Decide who's coming and for how many days / nights
- Register your details
- We'll send out your camping and 4x4 access…. FREE to ALL participants and volunteers!
- Turn up, help keep paradise clean, ENJOY!
REGISTER NOW. It's simple
- Email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vehicle make/model and rego number;
- How many people are coming;
- How many tents / campers / etc; &
- How many nights ( Fri &/or Sat)
- DI Clean Up Event t-shirts available to order. Organic & Locally sourced
- Mens, Womens & Kids S M L = $20 each!!
- Only available to the volunteers of the clean up weekend & pick up when you arrive & sign in on the beach.
- Send us your sizes and quantities through when you register
Make it a day trip, weekend adventure or a long weekend! Clean however much you can handle and / or weed the dunes with us! Then come to the Surfrider base camp for a fun afternoon of presentations, FREE live music & BBQ, and prizes
As well as helping out, it's you're weekend to chillax, surf, fish, whatever. We come here in the first place because we love it and have for decades. This is exactly why we have to protect & enhance it!
A HUGE ongoing event and major action for Surfrider Foundation Sunshine Coast crew. All who frequent this paradise would have seen it's a paradise slipping away, through disrespect on so many levels on top of the marine debris levels which are all human footprint. We are here to give immediate help and help implement the longterm solutions needed.
The volunteers of this event have consistently lifted 2 tonnes off the beaches and dunes in every clean up. Removed more than 15 bags of weeds from the dunes. Then collectively discussing the sustainable future for DI with topics like: Rubbish; Marine debris; Waste management vs camping numbers; Dune & Beach Care. We also ham a jam-packed fun filled saturday arvo to celebrate what an awesome clean up everyone does.
Let's all make the changes needed together!
Saturday is the main day for most clean up activities and fun packed evening.
Sunday is data collation, rubbish removal and pack down.
If you can make it on Friday, you are most welcome to come set up chill out & make it a long weekend….. Our permit covers you from Friday morning through to Sunday arvo!
For general enquiries, media and sponsorships or partnerships please call:
Craig 0415 670 639 / Aaron 0449 686 746
or email: email@example.com