Double Island Clean Up, it's on again!
The Sunshine Coast branch is again hosting their bi-annual clean up / camping weekend at 'Double Island'. Come help out and hang out with a few hundred like minded and passionate people, who are keen to keep this paradise clean now and into the future.
Every 6 months we pick up an average of 2 tonnes of rubbish and marine debris. From Noosa North Shore to Double Island Point and around to Rainbow, unfortunately there's no shortage of it. Sign up and make a difference to the oceans, waves and beaches of Double Island.
- Beach Clean Up
- Sorting and databasing
- Live plastics recycling on the beach with the Plastic Collective
- Bring the family, bring your mates. Have a great time over 3 days.
FUN AND ACTIVISM
- Massive prizes from our partners to be won and giveaways, just for volunteering!
- Raffles, Kids games and competitions.
- Educational presentation and displays.
- FREE BBQ and music by campfire.
- We'll have a CALL TO ACTION on the beach. Read more here: www.surfrider.org.au/endangeredwaves
- Gather your friends and family and Register your details
- Plan your weekend or day trip/s
- Follow us on facebook for the updates and help spread the word by sharing, liking and commenting.
- Come to our pre-Clean Up fundraiser event (details released on Facebook)
Registration is FREE and simple. Fill in your details and sign the waiver online at:
Your details will be logged straight into the database, then forwarded to QPWS. All volunteers gain fee exempt 4x4 and camping under our permit.
We'll send out an info sheet via email in the weeks before the clean up.
For further enquiries and media interviews:
Craig Macintyre 0434 587 756 / Aaron Horsey 0449 686 746
Double Island Clean Up
Prep your 4x4, camping gear and surfboards for another long weekend of coastal activism in paradise.
Do you like this post?