Become Ocean Friendly
EarthWalker Cafe & Co has become Australia's first Ocean Friendly #surfrideroceanfriendly business.
Surfrider South Coast Branch in conjunction with @boomerangalliance and @plasticfreewollongong
have just implemented an exciting new programme to encourage cafes, restaurants, markets and festivals to ditch the single-use plastic habit and source local and sustainable foods.
With research suggesting that 2050 there will be more plastic in our ocean than fish, Surfrider Foundation Australia created the Ocean Friendly program to stop excessive plastic entering our waterways.
This free program aims to certify and promote Australian businesses that are making a difference in protecting our oceans, waves and beaches. In order to be Surfrider Foundation Ocean Friendly certified establishments must implement 6 compulsory criteria.
1. No expanded polystyrene foam use
2. No single use plastic straws
3. Reusable tableware is used for 'dine-in' & non-plastic utensils for takeaway food
4. No water sold in plastic water bottles
5. No plastic bags offered for takeout orders
6. Proper recycling practices are followed.
For more information email email@example.com